THE FACTS OF LICE
1. Anyone can get head lice. People who have head lice are not dirty.
2. If your head itches, it's possible that you have head lice. Be sure to check your child/ children or have school nurse check it out
3, Head lice cannot jump or fly. They can only crawl onto your head if you head touches the head of a person who already has head lice.
4. Head lice cannot live on a desk, chair back or cubby
5, People can get rid of head lice with special combs and treatment gels that can easily be purchased at a drug store or you can find treatments on line.
1. Head Lice are not just seen in lower classes, nor sign of poor hygiene
2. They affect children across all levels of income, social classes, cleanliness
3. Bugs can survive under water for up to 6 hrs, so kids who bathe regularly are just as vulnerable
4.The good news is lice don't carry diseases
RIDDINGS YOUR HOME
1. wash bedding
2. clothing worn in last 48 hours should be washed in hot water
3. plush toys/blanket that they child may sleep with can be put in a HOT dryer for 30 minutes
1. Some parents claim mayonnaise, white vinegar or tea tree oil are effective remedies
2, Mayonnaise is said to smother lice if it's applied thickly and kept on overnight with shower cap on
3. Vinegar is rumored to dissolve glue that keeps nits stuck to the hair
4. While no scientific evidence to support home remedies, pediatricians say there is no harm in trying them, but you should not rely on them as being main treatment
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR TREATMENT
1, LiceMD ( www.Lice MD.com)